Monday 4 January 2016

10 easy New Years resolutions













New Years resolutions.
As a new year begins you start making promises to yourself that you'll improve your life. The promises are often broken within 2 weeks to a month if your lucky. Finding a good New Years resolution can be difficult but I'm here to help. Here's a collection of easy New Years resolution ideas that can help you make 2016 your year.
1. Using a Filofax/planner
   This is one of my New Years resolutions. Yesterday I went out and bought a Filofax, which is pretty much a little planner. It's got spaces for everything. I've started decorating it and filling in important dates. This is a good resolution because it's working towards you becoming more creative and organised. I'm terrible at organising myself and I think I may actually keep going for the whole year.

2. Thinking positively
     This takes no money or effort really, but will improve every day. Being optimistic can improve your life and is simple to do. This helps you to see everything in a better light and you'll find that every day is better.

3. Relaxing
    Assign a certain time every week where you can sit down and relax. Drink some chocolate milk, eat some cookies and watch films or browse the Internet (*cough *cough, my blog). This gives you something to look forward to every week.

4. Finish homework as soon as possible
   This makes your life sooooo much more easy. When you get homework, so it when you get home or after you get back from any activities. This means you'll stress less and be able to enjoy your life. It also helps to wright down your homework so your not calling up everyone you know asking what it is the night before it's due, but nobody else knows and then you all get detention. So finish your homework.

5. Organise your school books
   Every year I say at least once 'next year, I'll organise my books and wright neat'. That NEVER happens. At the start of last year I had one book for each subject. Then I used a milti subject book that became chaotic, it was falling apart and none of my sheets were glued in. Then once that had completely fallen apart I moved onto a single 150 page book which I used for about 1-2 months, then once that was full and falling apart, for the last few weeks of the school year I didn't really use anything. So this year I'm gonna do better.

6. Do not keep a packet of cookies next to your bed
    It's not gonna end well. I type this as I eat cookies in bed.

7. Walk more
  Just walk more. It's simple. If it's a short distance don't take a car or public transport. Grab some music, headphones and comftable shoes and walk around the block.

8. Clean your room once a week.
   I try every Friday of Sunday to clean my room. Throw out old papers and rubish and put everything back where it belongs. I often have clothes lying everywhere so it's good to be able to walk around without tripping over.

9. Use up old notebooks
   I always just buy notebooks but I have nothing to do with them. So here are some ideas to keep you busy:
Journal
Ramblings book
Drawing book
Note taking
Story/blog ideas
Recipes
Dreams/goals
Places you want to go
People you hate lists
Lists in general
Things you need to get done but probably never will

10. Start a blog
     That's my main New Years resolution. Post things like fashion and stuff, dumb trends, self help, cars, guns, whatever you do, ect. It can be a great way to spend time and it improves your writing skills.

Well, that's all for now. I hope that gave you guys some ideas!
Thanks for reading,

~Brodie



No comments:

Post a Comment